District 14 Excellence in Public Education Awards
OSSTF District 14 is again pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the Excellence in Public Education Awards and the My Federation Awards. It is time to think about nominating a worthy candidate.
Excellence in Public Education Awards are given out annually to recognize people in our local education community (not necessarily members of OSSTF) who demonstrate:
- a deep dedication to helping support public education
- respect for the school community
- a commitment to enriching the school community
The My Federation Awards annually recognizes a member of D14 who demonstrates:
- a deep appreciation of the tenets of our Federation (unionism, solidarity, fairness, equity, inclusion, and labour activism)
- an ability to engage members at the Branch, Bargaining Unit, and/or District level
- a dedication to serving members at the Branch, Bargaining Unit, and/or District level
- a significant and long-term contribution to the Federation
If you wish to nominate someone from your school community for either of these awards please click below for the rules and application forms.
Click HERE for a printable colour PDF about the Awards. Due date for applications is Thursday, April 13rd, 2017
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony and BBQ at District 14 Office the night of June 7th.